Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Starting a New Year!



Yep, I've been absent for awhile again. I let life get way too busy & was getting exhausted for sure.

I have spent the past couple of weeks getting some extra rest soooo.....
am ready to dive into 2014 at a slightly slower pace. I sincerely hope to have a more focused, less hectic year but you know the verse:

The mind of man plans his way,
But the Lord directs his steps.
Proverbs 16:9 NASB

So we will see where this year leads. I am seriously considering limiting Cards for Troops to just a handful of events or stepping away completely. It has been a fabulous, exhausting 4 1/2 year run with over 25,500 cards created or donated during that time. Ministry and charity work takes over your life and sometimes you need to re-evaluate the direction you're going.

I am excited to start playing today with Creative Jumpstart 2014
It's always great to try new things and refresh your creativity. And on Jan. 24 & 25th I get to take classes with Joanne Sharpe at My Hearts Fancy in Oklahoma City, yeah!

I also have a new adventure in the works. "Hide Thy Word" will kick off next Thursday Jan. 9th from 7 - 9 pm at Cornerstone Christian Church. We will be converting some of our favorite scripture/memory verses into scrapbook pages all year. You will be designing a beautiful book to share and display your favorite Bible verses. Cost of the classes are free and is great for anyone on a budget, as you will need minimal supplies. I will be sharing some of my stash with you at each meeting. The first class is an introduction to some approaches you can use to create your pages with samples, discussion of supply choices, some beginning creativity time and if we need an alternative day for those whose Thursdays are busy. So I hope to see you there! 

Our Sassy Angels Stamp Club is full but I usually have room in my extra classes. So please feel free to contact me if a class is of interest to you.

I started a 10 cards for $10 class last fall. It was very popular with the Angels and they requested I develop more. You have to admit, it's really budget friendly. So we are kicking off January with a 12 cards for $10 class. A great way to build your card stash for the year. Now it won't always be 12 cards but I came up with a creative idea to make 12 budget friendly cards, so that's what we are creating. Class is January 27th from 6 pm - 8:30 pm with light nibbles served during class.

Here are the examples of our last two 10 for $10 classes:



I often find these samples, CASE them and change them up a bit. The first card is slightly fancier than what we did in class. Everyone got to choose a color of ribbon and then we created the cards. The bottom set was our Christmas 10 for $10 and I switched it up a bit, they got to make 5 of each style. The ladies supply their own adhesive and bling, although I usually have some on hand just in case. Sample coming soon for the 12 for $10 class. Email me if you'd like more info.

I hope your New Year is filled with wonderful creativity and a multitude of blessings!