Thursday, November 4, 2010

Creative Sketches Week 5 Challenge

 Squeaking by just under the wire this week. Irritated my shoulder last week and the steroids just are no fun at all. This week's sketch gets to do double duty as my youngest daughter's birthday card. She turns 22 today. I hope she doesn't peek at my blog because she doesn't receive  her card until the family birthday dinner tomorrow ;0) She has requested Olive Garden and German chocolate cake, yum!


This was a quick and easy card to make. I spend some time working on 3-D flowers from time to time so the flower was already done and ready to go. I just added a rhinestone to the center to give it some sparkle. Because I make my flowers from scraps of cardstock, I had to pull a couple of retired colors for this card. I used the 1 3/4" scallop circle punch for the flowers.  I used the Finial Press embossing folder for the background. I cut the pieces to size first and then ran them through the Big Shot together at the same time. I debated punches for the verse and picked the new Decorative label punch again, 


framed it and used Stampin'  Dimensionals. The sentiment is from Curvy Verses.


While my daughter may have to wait for the family birthday dinner for her card, she still gets pampered a bit today. We are off for lunch, manicures and pedicures. Everyone can use a bit of pampering.

Almost forgot, to view more exciting creations using this sketch, be sure to visit the Creative Sketches blog.